Terms and Conditions
By providing your phone number and your prior express consent, you have agreed to receiving recurring automated text messages and/or phone calls from the American Jewish Congress for any reason relating to the American Jewish Congress’ purpose or mission (the “Service”). Such texts and calls may be made via an automatic telephone dialing system (ATDS) and/or an artificial or a prerecorded voice. Such consent is not a condition of receipt of any good or service.
Your consent and/or use of the Service is governed by these terms and conditions, which include an ARBITRATION PROVISION in which you give up any right to a trial by jury in the event of any dispute.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not sign up for the Service by providing your phone number and consent. These terms and conditions apply:
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service, and if you are under 18 in the U.S. or under the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, your parent or guardian must read and agree to these terms before you subscribe.
- The American Jewish Congress does not charge for the Service, but your carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply. You agree that you are responsible for paying your carrier’s charges to use the Service or, if you are under 18 in the U.S. or under the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, that you have permission to use the Service from the adult responsible for paying the carrier’s charges.
- The American Jewish Congress reserves the right to change these terms or cancel the Service at any time. Please check these terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the Service after changes are posted will mean that you accept the terms as modified by the posted changes.
- Messaging: The Service is compatible with most handsets and carriers. Carriers do not guarantee message delivery and will not be liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) alerts: From time to time, the American Jewish Congress may send messages with multimedia content (pictures, videos, GIFs, etc.). MMS alerts may not be available through all carriers. If your device does not support MMS alerts, then you will receive an SMS alert. Prepaid users may not be able to participate. Check with your mobile operator.
- To unsubscribe from the American Jewish Congress’ message Service at any time, simply text the word or words “STOP,” “STOP ALL,” “END,” “CANCEL,” “UNSUBSCRIBE,” or “QUIT” in response to any text message received.
- For help, text HELP in response to any text message received, or contact the American Jewish Congress using the contact form at https://ajcongress.org/contact/, by phone at 212-879-4500 or by e-mail to [email protected]
- By subscribing to the Service, you acknowledge that your contact details may be shared with the American Council for World Jewry. By subscribing to the Service, you also agree that we may text you to request your e-mail address. By providing us with your e-mail address, you are opting in to receiving e-mails about the American Jewish Congress’ campaigns, events, and other activities, alerts, and fundraising.
- The American Jewish Congress makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the Service. The American Jewish Congress hereby disclaims all warranties, including any implied representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The American Jewish Congress shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or other damages, even if the American Jewish Congress has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, arising or resulting from or in any way relating to your use of the Service.
- You expressly agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the American Jewish Congress and its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, or penalties of any kind or nature whatsoever arising from your use of the Service.
- These terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, except for the terms of arbitration below, which are subject to the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA) because the Service involves interstate commerce.
- Arbitration: You agree that any and all claims arising from or relating to this agreement, your relationship with the American Jewish Congress, and/or the Service shall be subject to binding arbitration under the FAA. This includes claims based on contract, tort, equity, or statute as well as claims regarding the scope and enforceability of this provision. It includes all claims by or against you, the American Jewish Congress, or the American Jewish Congress’ affiliates or vendors. A single arbitrator shall decide all claims and shall render a final, written decision. You may choose the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (JAMS), or another similar arbitration service provider acceptable to the American Jewish Congress to administer the arbitration. Consistent with the FAA, the appropriate AAA rules, JAMS rules, or rules of another service provider shall apply, as determined by the arbitrator. For AAA and JAMS, these rules are found at adr.org and jamsadr.com. Each party to the arbitration shall pay his, her, or its own costs of arbitration unless prohibited by law or the applicable arbitration rules. If you can’t afford your arbitration costs, you may apply for a waiver under the relevant rules. The parties waive any right to bring representative claims on behalf of a class of individuals (a class action waiver). This arbitration provision may be severed or modified if necessary to render it enforceable.
- Are you going to charge me for this service?
The American Jewish Congress does not charge for the service, but your carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply.
- How do I unsubscribe from receiving text messages?
To unsubscribe at any time, simply text the word “STOP” in response to any text message received or to the short code.